As working women, a majority of our time that we are awake is spent in an office. Whether we like it or not, our workspace can affect our mood, productivity and hygiene. If we let things go unclean for too long, there’s no telling what kind of germs will latch themselves onto us. So, we’ve come up with a little list of easy tips to keep yourself and your office in good hygiene.
- Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer out for everyone to use. Just because we pass around papers and documents doesn’t mean we need to pass around the germs with them.
- Keep clutter to a minimum. A clean desk equals a clear mind. If your papers and office are organized, you will feel more at peace and less stressed at the end of the day.
- Clean out the kitchen at least once a week. The office refrigerator and pantry can quickly become a hazard if you aren’t careful. Tell employees that you will throw out any food left on counters or in the fridge every Friday. Even things kept in Tupperware, it needs to go. You don’t want mold and bacteria growing anywhere.
- Make personal hygiene a standard. You don’t want frazzled or scraggy looking employees. Make sure everyone in the office is on the same page with personal hygiene.
- Keep yourself looking healthy. After long nights in the office, you might see wrinkles carving their way around your eyes and forehead. You can avoid that with wrinkle serums. Here’s a site we found that has some good products to try.
Following these steps will lead to less sick days and a happier office. We know it’s worth the extra squirts of hand sanitizer and paper filing.